Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Why do so many Rainbow feel they must steal from others?

I truly can not understand why so many Rainbow feel they must steal from others. 

Whether it is like what happened to me at the National Gathering last year in Colorado with my camp, shop lifting from establishments, or flat out stealing from you right in front of your face acting as if nothing happened. 

When I first arrived to check on who was already at the site selection here in Vermont I met a group of people. Introductions went well other than one particular kid. This kid was the first to start hitting me up for anything and everything. "Got tobacco? Got ganja? Got beer?" Of course I say yes and bust out a full can of American Spirit that I brought to share. Let him roll a cigarette. He then asks to fill his tin which I agreed to. 

I truly do not believe in the way the Vermont focalizers and kitchen chose to go against the Rainbow tradition of not releasing site info until the last minute when seed camp is there to set up. So I ended up setting my camp at least a mile down the road at a nice site where two creeks meet. I often stay here for two weeks in my rotation of staying here in the forest and Love Dawg has all the fresh clean water she could want at her need.

The next morning this kid showed up at my camp with his dog first thing in the morning. Kid wanted more tobacco and to get puffed out again which I kindly give again and do. I walked over to untangle Love Dawg from a root that her tether was wrapped around. As soon as I was doing this I see the kid grab my can of tobbaco, grab a huge scoop, and put it in his shirt pocket. He put the can back as quick as possible thinking I did not see.

Maybe I should have said something right then and there but I chose not to. I just ignored that it happened and sat back down because I already know from past experiences that confronting Rainbow over such things only gets met with the lies and denial of doing it and the possibility of a fight or violence. Or they feel they must go around bad mouthing you to anyone and everyone that will listen.

He then says he is going to go to Hancock to "spange the locals and do bum shit" to get something to eat because they have no food up there. I try to explain to him that Hancock is quite small and that he really should not be blowing the place up and was met with the standard reply of "I don't give a fuck!". So I talked the kid into giving him a ride to Middlebury so he could get some food and not be such a heat score. The whole way he is talking about how he is going to bring back food for everyone at his camp and how hard-core of a Rainbow he is.

30 minutes later he returns to my car with Mc Donald's and of course beer. On the way back he eats a Big Mac, fries, and a 20 piece chicken nuggets then throws the trash on my floorboard. So much for all the hype on how they were going to bring back food for everyone! Hannaford's is right next door to Mc Donalds and he could have indeed got everyone food other than McD's and beer for himself only. Typical...

Anyways he keeps coming back wanting to get stoned and such. The first day he asked to charge his phone in my car and I told him I had a battery pack but did not have an apple phone cord but he had one. Charged and left.

The next day he comes again and asks to use the battery for his android but didn't have a C cord. So I let him use my battery and extra C cord. We sit and puff and talk about the gatherings. 

I ask him why they were here so early when seed camp is over a week away. The kid replies that they ARE seed camp. So I simply ask him what they were doing up there for seed camp. He responded "Nothing, because there were no supplies..." I pretty much pointed out that THAT was not seed camp if he was not there to seed and work and just hang out and drink beer and holler at locals that drove by. 

The kid got completely agro on me and told me to stfu and that I has no clue what I was talking about and how he was a "true" hard-core Rainbow for ten years and that if it were not for people like him that Rainbow gatherings would not happen.

I did not like his becoming agro and having an aggressive attitude towards me and POLITELY asked him to leave cause I had shit to do. So... the kid gets up and unplugged his phone and put his phone and my cord in his pocket and walked off. Honestly... I was pretty stoned and did not realize he took my cord until after he left. FUCK! I decided to let it slide just like his tobacco thievery.

About an hour later he comes walking by my camp towards town with his pack on and his dog and stops and asks if I can give him a ride to town again so he could try getting to Burlington and make some money. Said the people at camp were assholes and not give him a ride.

I flat out told him to beat fucking feet and kick rocks and that I hoped he had a pleasant walk. He just gave me that typical Rainbow stink eye and headed off down the road without a response.

I felt bad for his pup. A beautiful young pup who was skin and bones... obviously NOT taken care of.

This kid was your typical Rainbow type that some Rainbow consider a "drainbow". I hate that word because hi holy Rainbows use it constantly to describe people they don't care for but I know that even some people that have absolutely nothing material to contribute DO contribute in other ways. But... this kid would be the prime example of a "drainbow" if there was one.

Typical Rainbow traveller who wears extremely dirty clothes barely held together with patches that they thinks makes them look cool and stand out. The type of clothes they refuse to wash because they would fall apart. Doesn't even hang them up to "air wash" and air out. They smelled of nothing but stale beer, urine, and that disgusting smell that I compare to the smell that comes out of a bicycle tire tube when let out but stronger. 

So... I have already had about a third of my $100 can of Spirit stolen and a fucking phone cord I really need.

FUCK... I would gladly have helped them out if they had only just fucking asked me. 

I fucking hate thieves! 

Especially the ones that do it right in front of you because they think they can and that most people wont notice or say something over something minor items...

Stealing is fucking stealing... no matter how small it might be!


WELOME THE FUCK HOME VERMONT! 

No comments: